Advice needed For Helping/supporting a poor person's business...

Only discuss here, what cannot be found elsewhere.
NTTP
Entrepreneur Rank lvl: 0

Advice needed For Helping/supporting a poor person's business...

Postby NTTP » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:09 am

AOA Everyone.
I know a person from a very low income family who has been trying to open a tea-stall in Lahore Anarkali. I've known this person for the past 7 years. He started a tea-stall two years ago in which I along with a few other friends helped him financially. He had to shut the business down because he fell sick after a few months (jaundice)
He wants to open a tea stall again however this time around I do not wish to give him money directly as I feel he has developed a bad habit of seeking money from everyone he knows. I feel he is stuck in a very bad place and if I give him money I will be encouraging his bad behavior instead of helping him get out of it. I feel that if this person does not change his way of thinking he will always look for other people who can help him financially. If anyone has 16 minutes to spare, I have uploaded a video explaining the situation in as much detail as I can.
I have absolutely no business sense and I don't know who to talk to in this such a situation. Anyone including my parents who hears about this story gets very suspicious. I understand that when a person asks for money over and over again it is human nature to get vary. However at the same time Pakistan is a very poor country. Those who have money need to look out for those who are not doing so well financially.
I want to look out for this person but I don't want to encourage bad behavior. I know I can give him money but I don't know if giving him money will be the best solution in the long run. If there is anyone who can give me any advice in this matter then please help me out.

Please note: I am only asking for advice because I do not have any experience in business nor do I know how to deal with people in such a situation...
If you have any advice for me please do let me!
if you do not want to write down your answer please you can make a video response to this message as well...

Thank you to all who took out the time to read all this. Thank you for watching the video.

View on Youtube

Azad Chaiwala
Site Admin

Re: Advice needed For Helping/supporting a poor person's business...

Postby Azad Chaiwala » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:47 am

Mashallah very good post brother NTTP, may Allah reward you for such a thought. Ameen.

Ok so as you said. DO NOT GIVE HIM MONEY. Just keep on verbally and even physically continue to push him to kick start the same business again.

Even if seems like you care more than he does and feel like giving up, don't. I have been in situations where I have to and had to annoy people before they got up and wanted to make a difference. For some it took many many years.

But I'll confess this was family only. Other I have one chance and the. Stopped wasting my precious time and directed it to people who cared and took my advice.

Regardless of who he is, you might also at some point have to resign to the fact that he has no file of changing his way, we humans have a bad habit of doing again and again what has worked in the past. So inadvertently we have taught him a bad habit and now he is repeating it as it's easier and it worked before.

Good luck :)
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad." :o

Azad Chaiwala
Site Admin

Postby Azad Chaiwala » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:48 am

Sorry it's fajjar time and I did not watch your video... just read your post only.
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad." :o

NTTP
Entrepreneur Rank lvl: 0

Postby NTTP » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:27 am

Thank you so much for your time to reply to this post may Allah be pleased with all of our efforts! Hope to hear more from your YouTube channel and jazakallah khair for your efforts in helping others :)

Sunny Sheikh
Thanedaar

Postby Sunny Sheikh » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:22 pm

Salam bro i watched your video not all bro always keep in mind one thing if ALLAH pak has given you become shoulder of other and make that person another shoulder so that he can become another shoulder. Second thing you said he always keep asking for money i suggest you to trace him where he is using money that money because this is pakistan seriously bro when you start earning some money and become stabilize some thing went wrong where your money spend and you have to go on same state. Because no one ask help unless he needs it the word habitual for asking money is not good may be he is really in need ask him if which thing he is expert to do or if you want to help him with your friends have eye on daily sales of his work so you can also aware what is actully going on. hope the answer is helpful

Atif Siddiqui
Entrepreneur Rank lvl: 1

Postby Atif Siddiqui » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:32 pm

WS,
May Allah SW reward your good deeds, and intentions. While I absolutely agree with you that once you hand him the money for the second time, he might just get in a bad habit of easy ride, but let's not forget that Allah SW gives us second, third and fourth chances. With that being said; what I would suggest is when you give him the money this time tell him that you will own his business for a certain period of time, and he'll have to pay you a certain amount every month. Now, I understand that you're not trying to make a living out of this, and only doing this to help someone and please Allah, but this time if he has to work for his money, it might teach him some business sense, and he'll think twice before shutting down the business. Once you see that he's working hard to keep the business open, you can hand over the business to him along with the money he paid you back or help him open a second tea stall, that could be a win for everyone.

Return to “General Business Talk”